To convert the mentally handicapped into useful contributors of the society.
1. Promotion of mentally handicapped welfare
2. Providing moral support to parents and families
3. Equipping the staff with update knowledge
4. Awareness creation and sensitization on issues related to mental retardation among public
6. Vocational skills promotion for income generation
7. Quality of Life promotion
8. Social acceptance leading to social integration.
Our non governmental, non-profit, organization works at the local level.
We consider ourselves as part of the international Independent Living and Disability Rights Movement.
Our organization is mainly run, controlled and represented by disabled people.
We may be able to refer disabled persons to wheelchair accessible housing or transportation or other services in our city.
We have traineeships or volunteer positions that people with disabilities are welcome to apply for.
Our traineeships or volunteer positions are open to applicants from abroad.
People planning to come to our city are welcome to contact us to find out about accessibility and services in Visakhapatnam. We may be able to help with information.
|Contact person:||T. Saraswathi Devi (Sarah)|
|Phone:||91 (o)891 2552018 & 2553285 (0) Cell 98481 98518|
|Address:||26 LAWSONS BAY |
This entry added: Friday 16th March 2007. (record #914) Changed: Tuesday 20th March 2007. Link checked Wednesday 27th September 2017.