It is the Mission statement of Galway Centre for Independent Living to further the aim of giving people with disabilities the right as citizens to take control of their lives by examining choices, making decisions and even taking risks and to further the ideas of the International Independent Living Movement.
We will do this by:
· Recognising that people with disabilities have the civil right to run their own lives, make their own mistakes and be an active participant in their community.
· The implementation of an ongoing and permanent Personal Assistant Scheme.
· The acquisition of funds and resources to further our aims.
· The self-development and inclusion of all our participants.
· To keep the general public informed of disability issues.
· The empowerment of disabled people.
Our organization works at the local level.
Our organization is 100% run, controlled and represented by disabled people.
Computers and disability.
Independent Living Skills Training.
|Contact person:||Jack Callanan|
|Phone:||353 091 773 419|
|Address:||10 Town Park Centre,|
This entry added: Sunday 14th November 1999. (record #244) Changed: Friday 1st April 2005. Link checked Wednesday 29th August 2018.