www.independentliving.org startsida

Study and Work Abroad

New Zealand

Language: English.

Currency: New Zealand Dollar (NZD)

Read about New Zealand in Wikipedia and in the World Fact Book (CIA)

7 universities found with information for students with disabilities.

Links: 5 disability, education and employment related links for New Zealand

Advice: 1 organization willing to answer questions about local accessibility and 1 other organization to contact in New Zealand.

New Zealand. Information for international students

7 universities found with information for students with disabilities.

General Information About Living and Studying in New Zealand

General information about studying in New Zealand at the New Zealand Immigration Service and at newzealandeducated.com. The Ministry of Education also has this Guide to Living and Studying in New Zealand.

Costs and Funding of Study in New Zealand

Full time study fees are up to $18,000 NZD per year. Mynzed.com has details about fees and living costs.

Visas and Permits for New Zealand

The New Zealand Immigration Service has the answers. For short courses less than three months then a Visitor's Visa is enough, otherwise you will need a Student Visa to study in New Zealand. If you want to work in New Zealand and are between 18 and 30 then you can apply for a working holiday in New Zealand.

Disability Related Legislation in New Zealand

The Office for Disability Issues has information about the NZ Disability Strategy.

Resources for Students in New Zealand

VASS - New Zealand Federation of Vocational and Support Service Inc

ACHIEVE is a network established to ensure equal opportunity and access to tertiary education and training for people with disability.

Language Courses in New Zealand

The NZIS has four comprehensive lists of English language courses.

About New Zealand

Read about New Zealand at Wikipedia (a free, on-line, collaborative encyclopedia).

New Zealand in the Lonely Planet World Guide

This entry changed: Wednesday 10th October 2007.

Feedback: You can report errors, make suggestions or contact the Independent Living Institute