AMK's mission is to conduct health care service programmes, carrying out capacity building training and motivating activities, implementing programmes which would empower the poor communities socially and economically and integrating them with facilities which would enable them to meet the needs for themselves.
Our non governmental, non-profit, organization works at the local level.
We consider ourselves as part of the international Independent Living and Disability Rights Movement.
Our organization is to some degree run, controlled and represented by disabled people.
1. Home for Destitute Children
2. Drug de-addiction treatment cum rehabilitation centre.
3. Mobile Counselling Unit
4. Juvenile Justice Counseling
5. College Girls Hostel Counseling.
6. May I Help You Service
7. Alcoholic Anonymous -AA and AL-Anon Programme
8. Rapid Assessment of Intra Drug Users (IDU).
9. Peer Lead Intervention Project.
10. Prevention of HIV/AIDS
11. Prevention on parent to child Transmission (PPTCT) Programme
12. Family Health Awareness Campaign.
13. Street Play Campaigns.
14. â€˜V care Uâ€™ volunteer force.
15. Globalization Issues.
15. New Life Detox and Rehab. Hospital
16. AMK Charity Clinic
17. AMK Multi Purpose Training Centre.
18. Emergency Ambulance Service
19. TB Awareness project
20. Village Knowledge Centre
21. Pulavar.T.Ratnaswamy Community Care Foundation.
We may be able to refer disabled persons to wheelchair accessible housing or transportation or other services in our city.
We have traineeships or volunteer positions that people with disabilities are welcome to apply for.
Our traineeships or volunteer positions are open to applicants from abroad.
People planning to come to our city are welcome to contact us to find out about accessibility and services in KANYAKUMARI . We may be able to help with information.
|Contact person:||Lion.Jc.R.Arul Kannan|
|Address:||ATHENCOTTASAN MUTHAMIL KAZHAGAM (AMK)|
AMK, 7-46B, NADUVOORKARAI â€“ ROAD,
MONDAIKAD & POST,
KANYAKUMARI DISTRICT, TAMIL NADU,
SOUTH INDIA.PIN: 629 252.
Ph: 04651 â€“ 223382, 222356,223342,223384
This entry added: Monday 16th August 2010. (record #1830) Changed: Tuesday 18th February 2014.